Saturday, July 7, 2012

Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)


What is Attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)?

ADHD is a kind of psychiatric illness having its manifestation during the early years of life. This is a developmental disorder it is called so as the symptoms of ADHD appear clearly by the age of five years and are more prominent during the early years of life. Only in some cases the symptoms persist with same severity in the adulthood.

How to identify ADHD?
There are certain differences which make children having ADHD different from other children:-
ü  Difficulty concentrating for long on any task,
ü  Leaving the task incomplete to take up a new task,
ü  Inability to prolong interest even on otherwise liked things,
ü  Disliking for tasks that require involvement and thinking,
ü  Excessive activity, inability to sit at a place for long,
ü  Running around as if being run by motor,
ü  Continuously moving hand, legs even when sitting,
ü  Very easily distractible,
ü  Making strange voices,
ü  Inability to wait for their turn,
ü  Blurting out the answer before the question is completed,
ü  Keep losing the things,
ü  Makes careless mistakes,
ü  Looses temper easily.
Any of the above mentioned symptoms when appear for long time and interfere with child’s education or other learning and development should be given adequate attention.

Does is mean child has poor intelligence?
In some cases the child having ADHD may have associated condition such as mental retardation, learning disorder, language disorders, conduct disorder (dissocial behavior) etc. but in cases where child does not have any other associated condition the poor performance of the child might only be because of his inability to pay attention to the task given to him rather than poor intelligence.

What causes ADHD?
There is no one cause of having ADHD but a combination of factors might be responsible for this.
  1. Due to any neurotransmitter (Chemical) imbalance in the brain,
  2. Due to various structural abnormalities in brain,
  3. Lack of normal development in child before birth,
  4. Effect of dangerous environment (lead exposure, trauma, poison, drug, alcohol, etc) to the child before or immediately after birth, etc.

What is the treatment of ADHD?
The children having ADHD can get help through medication prescribed by a trained psychiatrist as these medicine help reducing increased activity to some extent.
For other behavioral problems child require help from Clinical Psychologist and Special Educator.

How to control increased activity?
For controlling increased activity follow certain things given below:
ü  Let the child be involved into activities requiring high energy level such as racing, cycling, dancing for long time before asking him to sit at  a place for some work,
ü  Let the child do some extra exercise in morning,
ü  Encourage him to sit at a place for small duration and gradually increase the time, give child something that he likes when successfully does so,
ü  Establish contract with the child in which the goal and tasks are determined and the privileges that will be given for doing any task are mentioned. This contract is made with child and is followed by both the parties (i.e. child and caretaker), etc.

What to do to increase his attention?
ü  Allow the child to do task in part rather than whole at one time and encourage him with something that he likes (such as sweet, toy, allowing TV for 10 minutes etc.) for doing each part,
ü  Allow him to do tasks for small duration and gradually increase the duration, remember start with activities that child likes to do,
ü  Give small and clear instructions (i.e. get me the bottle, rather than get me the bottle which is kept over the table and pour the water in glass),
ü  Hold the shoulders of the child and look straight into his eyes while giving him instruction,
ü  Ask him to follow simple mazes, computer game etc,
ü  Remove extra distractions from the room where the child is to be taught something,
ü  Try to use as many sensory modalities as possible while teaching (i.e. make him see, touch, speak, hear a word while teaching rather than simply either see from book, or listen from teacher), etc.

What to do to control inability to wait (impulsivity)?
ü  Help the child understand that he will be given something if he delays his reaction to anything for some time and than gradually increase the time required to wait between a thing is given and the child to react to it,
ü  Teach the child to postpone the reaction only by a few seconds first and than increase the duration,
ü  React negatively if he blurts out before time, etc.

Can a child suffering from ADHD study in a regular school?
Yes, the child having ADHD can study in regular school, but he/she needs special attention and special training to cope with the problem

How can parent help the child?
The parents play a very important role for the treatment of such child as the training required for them has to be constant and structured for all the settings such as school, home, playground etc. for which the most concerned and constant trainer is parent.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your article about ADHD. Is attention deficit disorder are manageable? I have a 2 year old son and I just hope he will not manifest those kinds of behavior whenever he grow up.
    ---------------
    http://www.fifapoints.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO YOU WANT YOUR EX LOVER BACK OR ARE YOU HAVING ANY RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM? CONTACT DR LEWIS FOR A PERFECT SOLUTION!

      I'm Helen Greeve, from NY, USA. I got separated from my husband 2 years ago. There was no communication between us. I was advised by families and friends to let go, forget the marriage and move on with my life. I didn’t want to marry someone else because deep down, I still love my husband. I was in so much pain and confused, until I read a testimony online on how Dr LEWIS reunion a broken marriage with the help of his spiritual spell power. I kept reading so many testimonies on how he helped to stopped divorce and brought back peoples ex-lover's back to them, and my faith was renewed. I have to contact DR LEWIS(lewis7temple@gmail.com) immediately, few minutes later, he replied and instructed me on what to do, after meeting up with the necessary requirement, he sent me a parcel and instructed on how to use it, which I did. Few days later, communication was restored between me and my husband. I saw him after two weeks and we were able to settle our differences, he actually knelt down and was begging me to forgive him. His right here beside me as I type this testimony. I was visiting so many website seeking for help, it looked hopeless, until I came in contact with DR LEWIS, who helped me to restore my joy, in fact, I'm the luckiest and happiest woman ever to have her husband back in her life. If you're having similar problem in your marriage, you want your husband or wife to love you again, you have someone you love and you want him or her to love you in return, you are having any challenge in your marriage. DR LEWIS SPELL TEMPLE is the solution to your problem, contact him today via email:lewis7temple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2347067468416

      He can help you solve the following problems
      1. GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK.
      2. TO STOP A DIVORCE.
      3. TO GET A JOB.
      4. TO GET PREGNANT.
      5. TO GET A GOOD HUSBAND OR WIFE.
      6. TO ENLARGE YOUR PENIS OR BOOBS
      7. AND MANY MORE

      Contact him today via email:lewis7temple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2347067468416

      Delete
  2. Thanks for haring good information, Find Best psychologist in Indore & view all details of psychologist in Indore

    ReplyDelete
  3. provided informative are most helpful and valuable article for share with others.

    Invisalign Treatment In Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR.TAKUTA) THAT HELP
    ME GET MY EX HUSBAND BACK, AM SO HAPPY
    My name is LUCY SETHI from USA .I am here to
    give testimony on how I got my husband back.
    My husband left me for no reason 3 years ago.
    He moved in with another woman, I felt like
    killing myself, my life became very bitter and
    sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me
    about a great spell caster that is very good and,
    he said he gave him some lucky numbers that he
    played in a lottery and he won. I didn't believe it
    because I've worked with so many of them and it
    didn't work. He begged me further so I decided
    to try this great spell caster called DR TAKUTA. I
    still didn't believe. I used the spell he gave me
    and the next day I received a call from my
    darling husband Thomas last month. He
    apologized and came back to me. He even gave
    me 10,000USD as a means of compensating me.
    I'm very happy now. please i will advise you to contact him
    now and see for your self his Email is via____
    takutaspellalter@gmail.com or whatsapp him
    through the following contact on +27788634102


    Dr.TAKUTA also cures:
    1. HEPATITIS A,B,C
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3.DIABETES
    4.STROKE.
    5.HIV/AIDS HERBAL CURE, STDS and STI
    6. MARRIAGE COUNSELLING
    7.LOVE SPELL CASTING
    8.JOB PROMOTION SPELLS
    9.MARITAL PROBLEM
    10.MAGIC MONEY SPELLS

    ReplyDelete
  5. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR.TAKUTA) THAT HELP
    ME GET MY EX HUSBAND BACK, AM SO HAPPY
    My name is LUCY SETHI from USA .I am here to
    give testimony on how I got my husband back.
    My husband left me for no reason 3 years ago.
    He moved in with another woman, I felt like
    killing myself, my life became very bitter and
    sorrowful. Then 1 day, a friend of mine told me
    about a great spell caster that is very good and,
    he said he gave him some lucky numbers that he
    played in a lottery and he won. I didn't believe it
    because I've worked with so many of them and it
    didn't work. He begged me further so I decided
    to try this great spell caster called DR TAKUTA. I
    still didn't believe. I used the spell he gave me
    and the next day I received a call from my
    darling husband Thomas last month. He
    apologized and came back to me. He even gave
    me 10,000USD as a means of compensating me.
    I'm very happy now. please i will advise you to contact him
    now and see for your self his Email is via____
    takutaspellalter@gmail.com or whatsapp him
    through the following contact on +27788634102


    Dr.TAKUTA also cures:
    1. HEPATITIS A,B,C
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3.DIABETES
    4.STROKE.
    5.HIV/AIDS HERBAL CURE, STDS and STI
    6. MARRIAGE COUNSELLING
    7.LOVE SPELL CASTING
    8.JOB PROMOTION SPELLS
    9.MARITAL PROBLEM
    10.MAGIC MONEY SPELLS

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family just discovered that my oldest son has ADD. He just started middle school. School writing homework has always been his biggest frustration. His tutor encouraged him to try writing in INK for All, he does really well since he started writing with it. All of the Advanced Accessibility features are impressive. This seemed like the perfect place to let others know about it: http://bit.ly/2DWi1K9

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son was recently diagnosed with ADHD, just started middle school. Writing for school has always been his biggest point of frustration. His counselor encouraged him to try writing in the Ink for All text editor, he seems to concentrate better writing with it. I'm really impressed with all of the Advanced Accessibility features like the option to draft offline. I wanted recommend here: http://bit.ly/2DWi1K9

    ReplyDelete
  8. I visited your blog post about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). It's a well-structured and informative resource, shedding light on a condition that affects many individuals. The explanations and insights you've shared can be incredibly helpful for those dealing with ADHD or those who want to understand it better. Your effort in providing this information is commendable. ADHD Treatment in Chennai Keep up the good work in promoting awareness and understanding.




    ReplyDelete